Sedation Dentistry Reduces Anxiety in Kannapolis, NC
If you are one of the millions of patients who feel anxious about visiting the dentist, you’re in great hands at First Impressions. Dr. Wells understands that dental procedures can be daunting, but they can also be relaxing and well worth your time spent in the dental chair.
Dental sedation may be beneficial to your oral health and your self-esteem. Dental sedation can:
- Eliminate any anxiety and fear associated with the dentist.
- Reduce strong gag reflexes and make procedures easier for your dentist to perform.
- Help patients who have a difficult time sitting still for long periods of time.
- Dull a patient’s memory of the sights, sounds, and length of the appointment.
- Reduce post-procedure discomfort.
- Give a patient the high tolerance they need to complete complicated procedures in one visit.
Dental Sedation Options
Dr. Wells primarily offers oral conscious sedation to assist patients with dental anxiety. She will prescribe a medication to the patient, which should be taken shortly before the patient’s appointment time.
Oral sedation is an ideal option for patients who want to receive great dental care with none of the stress. Oral sedation patients will remain conscious and able to respond to their dentist’s questions and requests. However, they will be in a fully relaxed state, and they will not remember much about their appointments after they are over.
We don’t limit our sedation dentistry to oral conscious sedation. Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible. If oral conscious sedation is not right for you, we will bring in a dental anesthesiologist and other sedation options. We will help you get that procedure done, and we will make sure you have peace of mind throughout your treatment.
We Take Care of You Here at First Impressions
When you become part of our dental family, your needs come first. Every visit should be enjoyable, and we’ll do what it takes to make sure you feel comfortable with us.
To learn more about how you can have your best dental experience ever, ask us about sedation dentistry. Call First Impressions today!